1. We pledge not to discriminate based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression;
2. We pledge to maintain a welcoming environment for all employees, visitors, customers, vendors, and clients, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression;
3. We pledge not to discriminate in hiring or personnel decisions on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression;
4. We pledge to offer owners, managers and employees appropriate diversity training, regarding sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression;
5. We pledge to make no distinction between married employees and employees who are legally registered domestic partners for purposes of determining employee benefits;
6. We pledge to display at our business facility in some manner the “Spectrum LGBT Equality Pledge”;
7. We pledge to display the “Spectrum LGBT Equality Pledge” logo on our business website, or other promotional materials;
8. We pledge to support Spectrum in its efforts to foster LGBT rights;
9. We pledge to continue to raise our own consciousness of LGBT issues.
Spectrum provides support, primarily to LGBT youth and older adults, through direct and intermediary services, promotes public awareness of LGBT issues and partners with education, health care and other advocacy organizations to ensure appropriate and equitable environments for LGBT members of our community.
To confirm your participation in the Spectrum LGBT Equality Pledge, return an email to pilecki@spectrumLGBTcenter.org with the name of your business or professional organization exactly as you would like it to appear on our website. We will then provide you with the Spectrum Equality Pledge logo (150×150 px) to be displayed on your website.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING YOUR PLEDGE FOR LGBT EQUALITY!